Monday, April 13, 2015

Adventure 1- Mango Tango




On April 9, 2015 we went to Station North as a field trip. We saw the many places we were researching about. Since it was my first time, I decided I needed to buy something. As we were walking, we noticed an Arabber parked on the street. So i thought this was the perfect opportunity to get something and also support the small business. I asked the man how much was one mango. He said they were $2.50 or something like that. I told him I only had $2 in cash on me. At this point I'm far behind from the rest of the class. He gets two mangoes and asks me what I am doing here and if I am doing a project. So not able to explain much before I get lost, I told him yes we are researching about Station North and it's history ... he was impressed. He gives me both mangoes and says " You have a great day pretty and remember, don't let anyone take that brain away from you". I was happy he gave me two mangoes because they are my favorite fruit.
When I brought them home my mom laughed because she thought I was crazy for buying a mango for $2 when I could get a whole box for $6 at the supermarket. I let them sit in my fruit basket for a couple of days and this past weekend, my mom decides it was time to cut the one on the left. . I was so excited when she cut it because I wanted to prove to her that these mangoes were different. Boy was I wrong! I was disappointed but I'm hoping the gem on the right helps me prove my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment